Positive Behaviour Support
Restrictive Practices within a Positive Behaviour Framework
Restrictive practices training covers the practices that are prohibited and those which are restrictive when supporting people with a disability. Restrictive practices training is best used in conjunction with Positive Behaviour Support.
The framework surrounding positive behaviour support includes an understanding of a person-centred approach to supporting people to make choices, build skills and live a full and inclusive life.
Key Learning objectives:
- Overview of Human Rights and the framework of Disability Support.
- Positive Behaviour support and what that looks like. Case studies used to illustrate.
- Duty of Care versus Dignity of Risk. Identifying what the boundaries of the role of support works are, when it comes to the choices of customers.
- Awareness of what is a prohibited and restrictive practice.
- Awareness of the consequences of using a prohibited and restrictive practice.
- Awareness of the process of getting a restrictive practice approved for use.
Duration: 1 day (or can be delivered as 2 x 3 hrs)
We are Sydney-based and are willing to quote for training throughout NSW.
For more information or to discuss how any of the specialised training might make a difference to your workplace, call 1300 373 747 or email email@example.com