3 hour duration
Restricted Practices training covers the practices that are prohibited and those which are restricted when supporting people with a disability. The basis of this training is in accordance with the declaration of human rights and civil and criminal law. Restricted Practices training is best used in conjunction with Positive Behaviour Support training to provide a comprehensive best practice approach for disability support staff.
Key Learning objectives:
- Awareness of what is a prohibited and restricted practice.
- Awareness of the consequences of using a prohibited and restricted practice.
- Awareness of the process of getting a restricted practice approved for use.
- Responsibilities of recording and documenting the use of a restricted practice and fade out strategies.
- Alternatives for a best practice approach to disability support.